Apple developers around saw that awesome notification indeed indicated an update to the iOS 6 beta, iOS 6 Beta 2, codenamed 10A5338d. The update was released today and ran in at a pretty hefty 322MB for iPhone 4S users.
- Well the quick answer not much, from what developers have been telling us, not much has changed in the update, some changes and enhancements and bug fixes across the board
- The Music app was updated gaining more of the features found in the previous design in terms of functionality, missing functions including ‘All Songs’ control now return to the beta.
- Phone Call bug has been fixed where the phone screen would fade to black when using a speakerphone or headphones.
- An iCloud bug was fixed which saw users found if they were to create a new iCloud address upon initial set up
- Podcast section has returned to the iTunes Store application, questioning reasons for its departure even more, rumours were circulating that Apple could be making their own Podcast application. (Great, more bloatware)
One thing that caught our instant attention was how the Settings icon now is animated when updating, as shown by the below YouTube video
Apple also released Xcode 4.5 Developer Preview 2, as well as the second beta software for Apple TV.
iOS 6 is expected to launch fully to the public this fall, and will be compatible with iPhone 4S and iPad 3, and will have limited compatibility with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad and iPad 2.